Terms of Service *
TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF RENTING A PROPERTY THROUGH ANGLO AMERICAN LETTING AGENCY
We have set out below the terms and conditions applicable when a property is rented from Anglo American Letting Agency.
Please read these terms carefully as all Tenants must then sign the declaration at the end and return one copy with your application form, and if applicable, Guarantor Agreement.
Prior to submitting your application, you will need to provide us with names, contact numbers and email addresses for all occupants over the age of 18.
1. To reserve a property you have viewed, we require a completed application form from each proposed occupant over the age of 18. You will also need to provide 2 copies of proof of your current address (1 has to be your passport or a driving license). No application form will be processed until these copies are with us. You are also required to provide to us a post tenancy contact, an alternative contact address for use, if necessary, during the duration and at the end of your tenancy.
1.1 For all non EU applicants we will require proof of your Right to Remain. Suitable documents include a UK passport, EEA passport or identity card, Home Office immigration status document, certificate of registration/naturalization as a British citizen or a permanent residence card or travel documents showing indefinite leave to remain.
1.2 By signing this form you are consenting to the collection,verification and retention of your sensitive information in accordance with the Immigration Act 2014
1.3 We do not charge an administration or application fees, but once we have received all relevant paperwork and are in a position to proceed with your application we will require a payment equal to 1 weeks rent to reserve the property for you. The details for this payment are below:
Anglo American Letting Agency Sort Code – 16 25 27
Account number - 11005462
2. We must continue advertising and showing the property to other prospective tenants but we only accept and process one formal application at a time. The property will not be let to other tenants until the referencing process has been completed and the result of your application is known.
3. To avoid disappointment, we would strongly suggest that you complete application forms as quickly as possible. Tenants can only be checked into a property when the balance of the first months rent and the deposit have been paid. This applies even if satisfactory references have been received and on the date of checking in to the property the long term dilapidation bond must be paid in bank transfer, cash, bankers draft, or building society cheque.
4. Once the application forms have been fully completed by all adults who wish to take up residence in the property (and are thus likely to be parties to the eventual Tenancy Agreement) will we apply for your references. This process, which will include full credit referencing is carried out by Rentshield referencing, a completely independent referencing company which is fully registered under and compliant with all relevant legislation including The Consumer Credit Act 1974 and GDPR. This process normally takes 48 hours to complete. We will contact you once we are in a position to confirm satisfactory completion of the referencing and confirm a moving in date with you.
5. We reserve the right to refuse you a tenancy of certain, or all properties on our books. Our decision will be final and binding, and because of the requirements of the GDPR we may not be able to divulge all the reasons for any such decision. In this instance, your advance rental will, if cleared funds, be refunded to you by cheque within two weeks of such decision subject to the following deductions:
5.1 In addition to paying rent for the property, you may also be required to make the following permitted payments, inclusive of VAT (where applicable).
Holding Deposit (Per Tenancy). One weeks’ rent. This is to reserve a property and will be payable upon referencing forms being submitted to our office. On the day of move-in, this deposit will be off-set against the final amount due. Please note: this will be withheld if any relevant person (including any guarantor(s)) withdraw from the tenancy, fail a Right-to-Rent check, provide materially significant false or misleading information, or fail to sign their tenancy agreement (and/or Deed of Guarantee) within 15 calendar days (or other Deadline for Agreement as mutually agreed in writing.
6. Please note that any repayment of dilapidation bonds or any other monies due at any time by Anglo American Letting Agency will always be paid by cheque.
7. When you move into a property you will need to pay the long term dilapidation bond which is held by Anglo American Letting Agency as Agent of the landlord for the duration of the tenancy and in accordance with the Tenant Deposit Protection Scheme. At the termination of which it will be used to offset any damage beyond fair wear and tear which might need to be rectified and any unpaid rent outstanding. The amount of this bond is one month’s rent and this must be paid by bank transfer, bankers draft, cash or cleared funds at the time we check you into the property.
8. On the day of moving into your property, you will need to bring further monies to cover the balance of the first months rent. Our staff will confirm to you verbally the exact amount payable by you and if time permits will also advise you in writing or by email. Please note THESE MONIES MUST BE PAID IN BANK TRANSFER, CASH, BUILDING SOCIETY CHEQUE OR BY BANKERS DRAFT. Personal cheques will not be accepted.
Please note that a Bank may charge you for a Bankers Draft, usually £10.00 to £15.00. Building Society counter cheques drawn from the funds held in your account by them are usually free of charge.
Should you wish to transfer these funds on line the account details are as follows:
Anglo American Letting Agency Sort Code 16 25 27
Account number 11005462
9. Please also note, in order to avoid additional costs, under no circumstances will tenants be checked into a property unless and until:
a. All necessary payments have been made in full and by way of cleared funds.
b. All tenants are able to sign the necessary legal documents before the legal commencement of the Tenancy i.e. taking up authorised occupancy
10. The check in will take place at the property where the Inventory will also be provided and one set of keys handed over. If you require extra keys this must be advised, we can provide a second set of front door keys and any extra keys that you may cut must be handed back to Anglo American Letting Agency when you vacate the property.
11. Tenancy Agreements will be drawn up for a period of time agreed with yourselves, this can be for a minimum of 6 months and a maximum of 12 months. Assuming that the tenancy has been conducted satisfactorily, and your Landlord is prepared to renew your tenancy at the end of the initial fixed period and that you want to take advantage of such a renewal, then you will normally be offered a Renewal Tenancy and asked to complete a new tenancy agreement and any other necessary formal papers.
12. If a renewal is offered at the end of the fixed term (or earlier by mutual agreement) we will discuss this with you and a letter will then be sent formally making such an offer to you. All tenants must sign and return one copy of the new agreement. This process will be repeated every time a new tenancy agreement is offered to you
13. Early Termination (Tenants Request) Should the tenant wish to leave their contract early, and the landlord consents to this, they shall be liable to the landlords costs in re-letting the property as well as all rent due under the tenancy until the start date of the replacement tenancy These costs will be no more than the maximum amount of rent outstanding on the tenancy.
14. Rental payment dates will always be on the date that tenancy commences in advance and tenants are expected to make the necessary arrangements to ensure that rents can always be paid monthly on the due date. Rents must always be paid by Bank Transfer, Standing order, cheque or cash. Any future rent payments not received within 14 days of the rent due date will be charged interest at 3% above the Bank of England Base Rate. This charge will be deducted from the deposit at the end of the tenancy.
15. Lost Key(s) or other Security Device(s). Tenants are liable to the actual cost of replacing any lost key(s) or other security devices. If the loss results in locks needing to be changed, the actual costs of a locksmith, new lock and replacement keys for the tenant, landlord and any other persons requiring keys will be charged to the tenant. If extra costs are incurred there will be a charge of £15 per hour for the time taken to replacing lost key(s) or other security device(s).
16. Variation of Contract (Tenants Request). £50 per agreed variation. To cover the costs associated with taking Landlords instructions as well as the preparation and execution of new legal documents.
17. Change of Sharer (Tenants Request). £50 per replacement tenant or any reasonable costs incurred if higher to cover the costs associated with taking landlords instructions, new tenant referencing and Right-to-Rent checks, deposit registration as well as the preparation and execution of new legal documents.
18. When you vacate a property if any monies are outstanding these must be paid before a check out appointment can be made. A representative of Anglo American Letting Agency will then attend the property with you to deal with the check out, agree the Inventory and discuss any deductions to be made in respect of undue wear and tear, cleaning, gardening, etc. All keys must be handed over at this time, otherwise rent continues to be payable until all keys have been received by us.
19. Any additional fees chargeable as a result of the enactment of any of these provisions will be deducted from the dilapidation bond before it is returned. If the dilapidation bond is insufficient to cover such charges the tenant(s) will remain personally liable to Anglo American Letting Agency.
20. At the end of your Tenancy, a check out appointment will be arranged at which ALL KEYS MUST BE HANDED BACK TO ANGLO AMERICAN LETTING AGENCY. If for any reason you are unable to attend the appointment, you must hand deliver the keys for the property to our office or make other mutually agreeable arrangements for return of keys. The full rent will continue to be payable either until we receive the keys or expiration of your tenancy, whichever date is later.
21. Provided all matters are in order and any deductions are agreed and covered by the amount of the dilapidation bond held, you can normally expect the return of the net balance due from the original dilapidation bond within 10 working days of the date on which you vacated the property.
22. Where there is disagreement with regards to the dilapidations and the amount of deposit return Anglo American Letting Agency will provide third party arbitration in accordance with the Tenant Deposit Protection Scheme.
23. As referred to above, dilapidation bonds will always be returned by cheque and will be sent to the ex-tenants forwarding address, which must have been provided in writing at or prior to the check out. Bonds cannot be returned unless a forwarding address has been given.
24. Unless otherwise agreed and confirmed by Anglo American Letting Agency in writing, tenants are liable for all payments in respect of gas, electricity, water, cable services, telephone and television license. Additionally, by law, tenants must register for Council Tax no matter how short the intended duration of their tenancy.
25. You must declare whether you have any pets that you intend to keep at the property with you. Where a Landlord agrees that a pet is acceptable at the property, then a deposit equal to five week’s rent will be payable. Note any net amount returnable from this additional cleaning etc., bond may not be returned for up to six weeks after vacating.
26. You must declare if any prospective residents of the property are smokers.
27. It is also advised that all tenants must take out tenants insurance to cover any damage that may occur to the property or its contents which is in excess of the dilapidation bond held and to cover their own contents.
DECLARATION: I/WE HAVE READ AND UNDERSTAND THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF RENTING A PROPERTY THROUGH ANGLO AMERICAN LETTING AGENCY AND AGREE TO COMPLY WITH THEM AT ALL TIMES IF A TENANCY IS GRANTED. GDPR *
GDPR – PRIVACY NOTICE
Anglo American Letting Agency are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
To enable us to let and manage your houses and homes we will request personal information and data from you, the information required is listed on our terms and conditions for tenants and Agency Agreement for landlords.
We do not use automated decision making in our business.
We will need to share your information with 3rd parties, listed below, in order to carry out our contractual obligations to you, and we do require your consent to do so. Please sign and date at the bottom on this document and return it to us. You are able to withhold or withdraw consent at a later stage should you wish to do so.
You encouraged to contact us to update any information you have provided us should it change.
Debt collection or tracing agencies
We are registered with the ICO and all information is held securely within the UK and in compliance with GDPR.
You have a number of legal rights to control what we do with your information, ie you can ask us to tell you what information we have about you and get a copy of it,
correct or update information that is wrong, stop using your information in certain circumstances. Please note that in some cases, asking us to do this may mean that we are no longer able to provide you with our services.
For more information on how and when you can ask us to do this, or if you would like to raise a complaint, our Data Protection Officer is Mr Alex Brook on 01908 321819.
We will contact you should we need to make any changes to our privacy policies.
HOW LONG WE KEEP YOUR INFORMATION
We don’t keep your information any longer than we need to, which is a maximum of 6 years after your relationship with us finishes, unless we are required to keep it longer, i.e. due to a court order or investigation by law enforcement agencies or regulations.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure with us and with third parties who act on our behalf. We take great care to ensure that your information remains confidential and accurate and we may monitor or record calls, email, text messages or other communications in order to protect both you and us.